6/11/2008

Stents & Stuff

GOOD news! Last Friday I had a bunch of CT Scans ... my kidneys, ureter and bladder are all healing just fine. I've been having a lot of pain and Dr. M thought maybe I had a "stricture" in my ureter which would have meant surgery followed by another stent. The thought of another stent made me want to cry. So after the scans were done he sat me down to talk to me about what he found and that all was well in kidney land! There is the one stone still in my kidney but he doesn't want to mess with it right now. It's relatively small. I'm cool with that. So then he tells me that although kidney stuff is great ... uterus and ovaries are not so much. Apparently I have a bunch of fibroids in my uterus and a decent sized cyst on my right ovary. Still, I was grinning ear to ear (because I knew I was now at no risk of needed a dreaded stent). He said "I've never given somebody such bad news and had them be so happy"! haha! So I'm going to my OB/GYN next Tuesday and we'll take it from there. I'll be really glad to not have this lower pain anymore - I'm looking forward to a permanent solution!

1 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE YOU. I'm so glad you are getting things checked out and taken care of. I'm glad no Stents. They are puke in a stab hole.