8/22/2008

Scott did it ...

Last night was awful ... I got ZERO sleep. I just tossed and turned, could not get comfortable and no matter what, sleep just would not come. Normally I would take an Ambien but I knew Scott would need help in the morning so I didn't (I sleep like a ROCK when I take one). Around 6:45AM I finally started to doze off after Scott and the boys went downstairs for breakfast. I had decided at that point to NOT be a help ... I know, stupid but I was in a sleep deprived haze! Well, a few short minutes later I was JOLTED out of my sleep to the sound of the gazillion decibel alarm of our new home security system. I jumped out of bed and ran to the keypad to shut it off (I'll be feeling THAT later I'm sure). Yep, Scott gets the award for setting off the very first false alarm. Dork! He literally opened a door with the system still armed! Grrrr.... I had thought for a split second the night before to put a sticky note on the door to the garage (that's the door we always use) and decided not to at the last minute. Today I'm going to Target and I will be purchasing some of those "SUPER" Sticky Notes and will be utilizing them going forward.

At least we know the alarm is REALLLLLLLY loud and it works! Sheesh!

1 comments:

Scared of Spiders said...

If we were able to get out windows replaced sooner, I would get an alarm system right now! As is, the windows lock securely and we do have the dogs but with all of the Cobb PENS bulletins our neighborhood as attributed to lately, I think it is a good investment.

That and a load of post-its so that that doesn't happen again. Good Lord, what a way to wake up! Ick.