5/11/2008

Stones & Stints

Well, waaaaaay back on April 25th I had the surgery to have Stoney removed. The surgery was a success but then the doc put in a "stent". Stents are horrible... I denounce them forever. For TWO days I was in horrible pain... no sleep at all. That Friday I had the stent removed and then spent the afternoon in the ER. The weekend was spent on 24 hour pain management. Scott was a SAINT during this time. Waking me up every few hours to feed me crackers and whatever pill was required at the time. How lucky am I? Very. So there is still one stone left in the kidney. I drink LOTS of water ... LOTS! NO caffeine... only one Caff Free Diet Coke a day now (sorry Coca Cola - you just lost your number one customer)! I'm going to take better care of myself so I can avoid crap like this! Over the next few weeks I will be doing a "metabolic workup" to determine the true cause of the stones so I can avoid them. Doc says the best treatment for kidney stones is to avoid them! So that's the goal!

0 comments: