4/18/2010

Carpet Woes (aka Excel Carpet SUCKS)

So when we decided to put the house on the market last year we knew we had to do some minor touch ups. So we painted and did some landscaping and did some editing of furniture. We also got new carpet. We REALLY needed new carpet. So we spent several thousand dollars and went for it. We went with a company our agent recommended. Excel Carpet. THEY SUCK! We had a frieze carpet put in the family room and the dining room. We immeidatley noticed fraying at the thresholds. They told it that was "normal" and would "settle down" eventually. So we let it go. Fast forward to now ... we have BALD spots at the thresholds because the fraying is so bad. The carpet is literally unraveling. Additionally you can pick up the carpet from anywhere around the room. It pulls away from the wall and pops up when I get the vacuum too close to the perimeter of the carpet. We called Excel. Their solution to the threshold issue? Cover it with nasty metal strips. Um, no. I've avoided calling them back because it stresses me out SO badly dealing with them. I think I may just report them to the BBB and let the BBB mediate it. I know they installed the carpet incorrectly (based on research). I should also point out we had to have them come out 4 times AFTER the install to correct multiple other issues due to incorrect installation. Also, they installed a cheap pad instead of the upgraded pad we paid for. I discovered that on my own and they were forced to replace it. I'm still not convinced we have the right pad installed. My opinion is the only way to make this right is for them to refund my money so I can get new carpet installed somewhere else. But they could really give a crap about their customers so I guesss we'll just suck it up and get our carpet replaced AGAIN when we've saved up enough to do so. So if you are reading this and you live in the Atlanta Metro area and ever need new flooring ... steer WAY clear of Excel Carpet.

0 comments: